Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Kate DiCamillo's Picks For Summer Treehouse Reading

Oh how I love NPR.  As I was running errands Monday afternoon, All Things Considered featured a lengthy interview with Newbery Award winning Kate DiCamillo.  Her inspired Flora and Ulysses has been my favorite book for young people this year - the woman is a genius. I suppose that is why she has been named the country's national ambassador for young people's literature by the Library of Congress...



Kate recommended a number of books for "Summer Treehouse Reading.  Like Kate, I can wholeheartedly recommend Counting by 7s for middle school readers... it was extraordinary.  The link to her list can be found below - I know I'll be adding her recommendations to my list :)

http://www.npr.org/2014/05/23/315250144/kate-dicamillos-picks-for-summer-tree-house-reading


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment