Thursday, June 30, 2011

Addicted to Sporcle

If you love trivia, Sporcle is the website for you.  This website contains hundreds of trivia games on every possible topic - literature, history, sports, geography...  Virtually all the games that I've encountered are fine for kids,  but do be careful - some in the "Entertainment" category might be a little edgy for younger children.

Last summer, my own kids spent a couple of weeks obsessively trying to name every country of the world in 15 minutes.  They did accomplish their mission, but when I tried I failed miserably... I took some solace in the fact I could at least manage to name all the countries of Europe. 

http://www.sporcle.com/games/world.php 


 It's also great practice for kids to try to name all the United States in 10 minutes:




I'm a big fan of the literature trivia games - I've found my students love the  Harry Potter ones.




Explore, enjoy... but beware, it is completely addicting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment