Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pinterest for Summer Learning


My daughter introduced Pinterest to me last year as a site to pin fabulous fashion, design and travel ideas.  If you aren't familiar with the site, it's an online bulletin board, where you can post links to articles, photos, quotes and ideas.  It's SO much fun, and completely addictive.  So much so, that I had to give it up for a while.  It wasn't helping me get through my to-do lists.

Educators around the country have adopted Pinterest as a great way to share ideas, projects and websites... so the good news is, I now have an excuse to peruse Pinterest for teaching ideas.  Perhaps I can convince my higher-ups it counts as a teaspoon or so of professional development...




So, I'd like to share a few boards I have come across recently that might help your family with summer learning ideas and projects.  If you don't have a Pinterest account, it is free to set up.

Reading Activities and Strategies for Kids:



Pins from Modernparentsmessykids.com






And my Tech Teacher HQ... 



What are your favorite Pinterest boards?  Please comment below, and I'd be happy to share them.


No comments:

Post a Comment